Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Victory!

The stars were aligned for us last night. We went 15-9 in the 3v3 matches we chose to partake in last evening. That is a first for our fledgling team, "The Face Palmers." As I've mentioned in previous posts, we are by no means PvP experts. Thus, winning as many as we did in one night was a great shot in the arm for us. We bumped our team rating up over 150 points, to just shy of 1100 (which gives us a matchmaking rating somewhere north of 1200). This is still relatively low (we don't have access to the first of the better gear until we hit 1300 rating), but for us, it's great. We are still having trouble against some compositions, especially those with resto druids. We also can't seem to best a team with a higher MMR than us on a regular basis.

I believe our performance of late is attributable to two things. First, we have been slowly upgrading our gear, and in my DK's case, I am more effectively gemming my gear. I learned that Spell Penetration is critical to a DK's PvP effectiveness. I believe it is helping. If only I had ONE more interrupt to shut down those freaking druids.

But anyway, a win is a win...and we'll take it! Hopefully tonight will be more of the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment